to hell with me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to hell with me?

Ok, so i've been working on members' cars for a long time. Almost 6 years to be exact. What is turning people away? Am I too expensive? Are they tired of me? I know i'm not on much anymore, but that happens when you get married. All of the people who have used my services and have always been satisfied are now saying "yeah, use him" about someone else who they have used maybe once. What happened to the faith in me? I guess it just goes to show who respects who. I used to get referrals from all over the place, now, nothing nathan NADA. Its true you get what you pay for, but where else can you get the best for the least? (thats not cockiness, thats confidence.)

Whats the deal?
    *This Page Intentionally Left Blank*

Re: to hell with me?

it's not the same people...

geo and i went to a GTG just this last sunday...there was nobody there that we knew. well, besides juan and david...i guess skwash and his GF too...

but i had no clue who the rest of those kids were. i sure wouldn't invite them over to my house like back in the day, that's for sure!
    gti +12psi
    Troy-Bilt 6.75hp

Comment

I would recommend you and have, I just prefer to attempt most things myself (except my timing belt)
      I was born a poor black child....

Comment

pm sent, need apt for dr. sh81
        http://www.vdubaddiction.com/members/christdi/
        ---
        2002 Golf GLS 1.9L TDI
        1999.5 GTI GLX 2.8L VR6 - R.I.P.
        1970 Microbus Transporter Type II 1800cc - R.I.P.

Comment

hey man i recomend you all the time to other people.i would ask for some help on stuff but i dont even have a vw anymore.if i happen to get a vw or audi in june or so youll be on my top list to call.
          2003 apartment:lots of interior mods

no car til july

Comment

Bryan, I'll be needing your services soon, unless we decide to trade the Jetta in for a Passat I'll need that timing belt replaced

BTW - Thanks for fixing up my oil pan!
            Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery.

Comment

werd guys. I know the main crew will always come back. Thats never an issue or aq worry. Some of the other guys though.. worked on their cars several times, were extremely satisfied with the work, then someone new pops up and they go slob their nuts. I guess my big thing is loyalty. I can count on a lot of guys here to be there, and you know who you are. The other ones though, I dunno. People who tuck and run at the next "best" thing reallypisses me off.

Loyalty is rewarded in my game.

Comment

well, i been out of the "side job" game since i left metro back in december. you are the only side person i would reccommend. i heard vw sickness is pretty good as well, but ihave no experience with him.

jd
                2013 Golf R Stage 2+ with some stuff done.

Comment

did a guy ever call you about doin a clutch for a mk4 jetta?...do you install clutches at your place?
                  '74 Audi Fox 1.5L of fury ~smokes the competition~

Comment

No I havent heard, and I dont really have the capability to do them at the house. Maybe someday when I get more money I can get the right stuff to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mode12
                      it's not the same people...

geo and i went to a GTG just this last sunday...there was nobody there that we knew. well, besides juan and david...i guess skwash and his GF too...

but i had no clue who the rest of those kids were. i sure wouldn't invite them over to my house like back in the day, that's for sure!
                      ding ding ding, we have a winner, its a whole new crowd, I got in right before the switch from the old school to the new school people. I know most old school people, but not a whole lot of the new people, just no desire to meet alot of them....

Comment

personally i think its because you don't show up to any of the gtg's. that's how i met vwsickness and he's worked on my car more than anybody elses. i know you're married, but every now and then you could make an appearance somewhere. that goes the same with a lot of you old school cats. you don't come out and you think we're all "noobs". i agree there are a lot of immature kids out there, but there's also a lot of mature people. i'm only 21 and freshly turned 21 at that, but i have more common sense than most people in their 20's. i heard you do great work, but i use vwsickness(david) because he comes out and hangs out with everybody and i know i can trust him with my car. that's my .02 cents take it how you want it, i'm not trying to bash anyone:cheers:
                        1988 gti 16v
                        1997 jetta vr6

Comment

Ok so explain this to me.. 95% of the GTG's are during the week. lets have a look at my work schedule.. Oh yeah, it says right here that my hours of work are from 4pm to midnight monday through friday. now, how can you expect me to make it to the meets? Seems kind of hard to me.

Weekend meets.. How many of those have there been? Not many. What kind of meets are they? Sitting in a parking lot looking at the same cars over and over again? Now if they were the meets like we used to have, i'd think about showing up. Yes, I am married and I have certain obligations to my wife and my home. That is my priority.

Comment

my bad, i forgot you worked those hours. yes you do have an obligation to your wife and family, but you could at least show up once a month. as far as the gtg's, yes most of them are just a bunch of guys sitting around looking at each other's cars, but more input from people would be great. i'm down for a cruise anytime, or going out to eat somewhere, hell even to watch some boobies. i wouldn't mind hanging out and with you guys.
                            1988 gti 16v
                            1997 jetta vr6

Comment

I could at least show up once a month? why?

Comment

Working...
                              X