944 Turbo dyno

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 944 Turbo dyno

Got the 944 Turbo on the dyno today, one of the plug wires was arcing onto the fpr so we had to fix that. We also detected a vacuum leak but weren't able to fix it. All in all the car did good, it boosted to 16 psi, and ran a bit rich towards the end (almost hit an afr of 10). It hit a max of 241 HP and 300 lb-ft of torque. considering a 15% drivetrain loss that would make it about 280 hp, which is much more than the stock 217. sorry bout the pics don't have a scanner.

Also Vert wins the guess how much hp game with a predyno estimate of 242 hp.

Choose life....

Re: 944 Turbo dyno

when did you get a 944 turbo??????

i hate you
    Matt
    '01 Jetta 1.8T
    '06 GLI

Comment

cool love those cars. Funny though the last one I was in had 450whp well 350 at the time. 450 last I heard and that was a year ago, I am curious how much it has now. I also have a friend that is modding his 944t and is using his R33 skyline as his daily or maybe his N/A 944.
      http://www.lotr-audivw.com/ Audi and Volkswagen repair

Comment

I'm so awesome...

nice numbers shup
        MKV GTI K04

Comment

Originally posted by Schuepbach
          Got the 944 Turbo on the dyno today, one of the plug wires was arcing onto the fpr so we had to fix that. We also detected a vacuum leak but weren't able to fix it. All in all the car did good, it boosted to 16 psi, and ran a bit rich towards the end (almost hit an afr of 10). It hit a max of 241 HP and 300 lb-ft of torque. considering a 15% drivetrain loss that would make it about 280 hp, which is much more than the stock 217. sorry bout the pics don't have a scanner.
          Sounds like you have AutoAthority chips they known for going way rich in the mid to high range. The power numbers are about right on for their chips as well.
          12 Kia Sorento SX V6
          88 Porsche 951S Red/Tan 295hp/312 Tq

Comment

Originally posted by Apex
            Sounds like you have AutoAthority chips they known for going way rich in the mid to high range. The power numbers are about right on for their chips as well.
            thanks, i pulled the ecu but i couldnt get the tabs to bend to pull the cover off. However I noticed the KLR was tinkered w/ as it had a lable on it that said "joel's 944 turbo". I think I'm going to swap the chip with the Lindsey Racing chip and throw on a boost enhance, wastegate shims and better fpr. Should get some more hp, especially after the vacuum leaks are fixed and I throw on some new spark plugs, wires and coil.
            Choose life....

Comment

Originally posted by Schuepbach
              thanks, i pulled the ecu but i couldnt get the tabs to bend to pull the cover off. However I noticed the KLR was tinkered w/ as it had a lable on it that said "joel's 944 turbo". I think I'm going to swap the chip with the Lindsey Racing chip and throw on a boost enhance, wastegate shims and better fpr. Should get some more hp, especially after the vacuum leaks are fixed and I throw on some new spark plugs, wires and coil.
              I now Dave and the guys at Lindsey Racing pretty well as I am from OKC and they have some great products I have their boost enhancer and on my car and noticed an immediate improvement in spool up and I have their full 3" exhaust.
              But when it comes to chips it seems Vitesse Racing has a bit of an edge in the power making department.

If you have not found the Rennlist yet I highly recommend the "944 Turbo and Turbo S Forum" where lots of dyno sheets and experiences with various products can be found
              Last edited by Apex; 02-03-2006, 02:29 AM.
              12 Kia Sorento SX V6
              88 Porsche 951S Red/Tan 295hp/312 Tq

Comment

Schuep... you ever dyno it with the new LSX motor?
                MKV GTI K04

Comment

Working...
                X