New Rocco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rocco

VW has released to the German papers as on January 3 of this year that there is a prototype Scirocco and will make the *NEW* rocco available sometime in 2008. Engine choices are 2.0 16V, VR6, VR6 turbo and the W8 twin turbo expected to be released about mid-year 2009. Get ready for the price.... $54,000 AMerican dollars starting price. Probably means the W8 twin turbo will be somewhere in the $100,000 range. I guess I better start saving up!
    My source came from http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/scirocco
    John
    Attached Files

Re: New Rocco

judging by the poor sales of the phaeton, VW wouldnt be wise to sell a car that expensive and expect different results.
    -=Never drive faster than your guardian
    angel can fly=-

Need an Asshole-Opinion? consult our professionals at http://www.dallasimports.net

Comment

i love the new roccos. i think the phaeton didnt sell well because it looked like a plain sedan. i for one think the phaeton was a waste of time for vw. but thats just my 2cents

Comment

The orange one reminds me of the 90-92 Corrado body lines with a 2006 Passat front end mated up front. The grey one is not even the same body style as the orange one. The rear side windows are not even the same shape. So I would assume the tail on the orange one does not look like the grey.
        J-
        2012 VW Touareg Lux 3.0T
        2009 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 TSI
        1991 VW Cabriolet 2.Slow

Comment

The orange one is a Photoshop build from AutoBild.de of what they suppose it'll look like, while the silver ones from Auto Motor und Sport Magazine, it's thought to maybe be the first real photo of the car...not sure *Link*

I've heard of this new "Scirocco" floating around for a while, honestly I dont think anyone has the right facts, its all speculation at this point. Im sure VW's considering it, it's just every car site is marketing what they believe it'll have to grab visits. We'll just have to wait till the official reports come from Wolfsburg.

I like this pricing report from EuroCar-Blog... plus the TSI twin charged engine
          Auto Motor und Sport has a new computer-generated image of the next Volkswagen Scirocco, expected in 2008.

The motto for the small VW coupè, as for its predecessors, is "driving fun at an affordable price". The price is surely affordable if compared to the VW Eos or Audi TT (22.000 € instead of 34.000 € as a starting price). Engines should start from the 1.4 TSI twin-charger (170 ps) and go up from there.

The "affordable coupè" niche certainly needs some filling up in Europe, what with the absence of Honda, the Toyota Celica which is nearing retirement age and a generalized reluctance in offering small coupes instead of hot-hatches.
          Last edited by VDubsRock; 05-10-2006, 06:48 PM.
          Aaron - VDubsRock
          '01 VW GTI VR6

Comment

I sure hope to God that those prices are wrong...

Comment

If they aren't then they won't sell very many of them.
              J-
              2012 VW Touareg Lux 3.0T
              2009 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 TSI
              1991 VW Cabriolet 2.Slow

Comment

Those new Rocco's look freakin hott!!! The W8 TT would be sooo freaking hott/fast! It'd be dope to have! Can't wait to see what the actual prices come out to be

Comment

good thing this isn't vortex... everyone would be get banned for this but seriously, they look nice... just don't think the price is gonna fly
                  rollin' in the red '90 G60.

Comment

I found his ad this evening. 2002 VW Scirroco. Notice in the ad that Scirocco is spelled wrong and the year? News to me!
                    http://www.autoseekandsell.com/dsp_a....cfm/adid/1436

Comment

Originally posted by TtuVWaddict
                      I found his ad this evening. 2002 VW Scirroco. Notice in the ad that Scirocco is spelled wrong and the year? News to me!
                      http://www.autoseekandsell.com/dsp_a....cfm/adid/1436
                      Read that ad *real* carefully. Read it *full* real carefully.
                      MJM Autohaus -- TX WD Neuspeed distributors

Techtonics|Eurospec|Bilstein|MOMO|Autotech

.....and an OEM parts discount source for VW!

(210).DUB.PART | CUSTOMER FEEDBACK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by M.J.M.
                        Read that ad *real* carefully. Read it *full* real carefully.
                        Hm... Looked promising!

Comment

Working...
                        X