Announcement

Collapse

Where we come from/Where we've gone.

This forum is left online as some reference to the last 18 plus years of DFW watercooled history. From VDA to DFDubs to DFWEuros and beyond. All of the current action happens on FaceBook follow this link VDubAddiction and join in the next generation of fun.
See more
See less

MkI parts Rabbit GTI partout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MkI parts Rabbit GTI partout

The shell of my 1.8t rabbit has always been its weakness. The shell is a rust bucket so my feeling has always been function over form. I have reached the point that I just don't want to put any more resources into it so I have decided to scrap it and move the swap parts over to my unfinished 1982 Caddy project.

This thread is to inform anyone in need of mkI parts that I may have parts you need/want. Please contact me for info. I will be updating the thread as I work. The caddy has a 2.0 ABA that ran great when I pulled it from a 99 mkIII jetta. I will have several 020 trans and a bunch of OE parts that I will not need. The rabbit body will not be for sale due to the reasons why I no longer want it.

Day one went pretty well.
    Attached Files

Whoa
    / Audi TT / Yesteryear- MK5 Jetta, MK1 Caddy 16v, MK1 Rabbit, 87 Fox Wagon, MK4 GTI VR6 , 89 Fox Sedan, 87 Scirocco

Comment

doing the right thing, i remember when you picked up the cage, there wasn't much left of that car for safety reasons
      1988 gti 16v
      1997 jetta vr6

Comment

Hey, I was wondering if you have a PS rack or manual? Also, was wondering if your D/S regulator is good? Mine has to be pushed down halfway through rolling up. Thanks.

Also, looking for windshield washer nozzles and lines, A-arms
        Last edited by tdi_aaron; 06-07-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 16vgti View Post
          doing the right thing, i remember when you picked up the cage, there wasn't much left of that car for safety reasons
          Speaking of cage, we need to weld the cage I to the bed and mount some lights on top
          '74 Audi Fox 1.5L of fury ~smokes the competition~

Comment

doing the right thing for sure... just need to dump that silly 1.8t drive train and put a real engine in there like a VR6
            MKV GTI K04

Comment

Hey guy, take it to the 1.8t vs. VR6 thread!

Oh wait, Geo killed it.

Comment

Because we all know the vr6 is better
                '74 Audi Fox 1.5L of fury ~smokes the competition~

Comment

1.8t never loses!!!
                  1988 gti 16v
                  1997 jetta vr6

Comment

Working...
                  X