Announcement

Collapse

Where we come from/Where we've gone.

This forum is left online as some reference to the last 18 plus years of DFW watercooled history. From VDA to DFDubs to DFWEuros and beyond. All of the current action happens on FaceBook follow this link VDubAddiction and join in the next generation of fun.
See more
See less

Wheel repair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel repair?

my small 2 car garage finally got me. I have so much junk piled up around so I can get both cars inside. With one of them being a big ass challenger, that leaves little room for my car, ie LITTLE ROOM FOR ERROR. I finally got too close to the passenger side and ended up putting a couple nasty scratches in one of my wheels. I have 17" anthracite goals (oem vw 5 spoke wheel). The scratches aren't so anthracite. Any thoughts on how to repair this or where to go? If that stuff costs too much, I may just buy a new wheel and save the ugly one as the spare. I'll try to get a picture of it later.
    '74 Audi Fox 1.5L of fury ~smokes the competition~

Could always plastidip?

Comment

You jackass. I used wheels America in the past, but it was almost a hundred bucks a wheel 7-8 years ago. Hopefully there are cheaper places now or else you might as well just buy a new one. What did you hit, the 5spd?
      MKV GTI K04

Comment

the corner of on of the wheel dollies got caught....it was the worst possible piece that could have caused the most damage. I have rearranged things so there's more room now. The gti dash kinda fell behind the dollies causing them to roll out from the wall closer to my car. I so wanted to take the dash and do a back breaker over my knee.

Comment

It hasn't gotten cheaper. Checked with that guy who has the body shop on dfweuros and he quoted $145/wheel. I ended up getting it done at Discount Tire for $120, which included dismounting/remounting/balancing. I know they just outsource to one of the big companies. If I were you, I would see if I could find one more new one on sale and make it a full size spare. Then you would have room to build a sub box that fit inside the spare...
          Seth
          10 Passat Wagon
          13 Odyssey TE
          06 Frontier

Comment

Originally posted by gti16vman View Post
            If I were you, I would see if I could find one more new one on sale and make it a full size spare.
            This.

Originally posted by gti16vman View Post
            Then you would have room to build a sub box that fit inside the spare...
            NOT This

Comment

Working...
            X